FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE PROGRAM INFORMATION
1. The duration of education in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is 5 years and the Veterinary Medicine program (single program) is applied.
2. A one-year compulsory Preparatory Program is applied in our faculty, and those who succeed in the proficiency exam in the relevant language at the end of the program are directly enrolled in the first year. The Preparatory Class is not included in the teaching period (5 years). Accepted by the University for the relevant language; a) Those who certify that they have succeeded in one of the national and/or international foreign language exams at the level determined by the university, and b) Those who succeed in the proficiency exam in the relevant language to be held by the University at the beginning of the academic year are directly admitted to the first class. The provisions of the "Regulation on the Principles to be Followed in Foreign Language Teaching and Foreign Language Teaching in Higher Education Institutions" are applied to the students.
3. Students who enroll in this program and cannot successfully complete the preparatory class within two years despite attending the foreign language preparatory class are dismissed from the program. Students who are dismissed from the program after failing in the preparatory class can enroll in an equivalent program in their higher education institutions, if any, where the language of instruction is Turkish. However, upon request, these students may be centrally placed in one of the programs where the language of instruction is Turkish, provided that the relevant score of the student's YKS scores is not lower than the base score required for enrollment in the program in which they will be placed, as of the year in which they are registered by the Measurement, Selection and Placement Center for one time.
4. The medium of instruction in our faculty is at least 30% English.
5. To the first 3 students who have won the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine program with the highest score and have registered definitively; Between October and June, YÖK Support Scholarship is given by YÖK for a period of 9 months and during the education period. The scholarships will be discontinued at the end of five years and are non-refundable. The scholarship of students who lose their student rights, who receive any disciplinary offense or who stay due to absenteeism is terminated. In order for the scholarship to continue, the student must not have any lower education courses and the semester grade point average must not be below 2.50. In addition, food scholarships are given to our students within the quota determined by the Rectorate.
VETERINARY MEDICINE PROGRAM
Veterinary Medicine is a versatile profession; It is a profession that requires knowledge and skills in many directions, especially animal health, breeding, feeding, public health, environmental health, feed materials production, biological materials production and many other aspects in terms of animal health. In our faculty, graduates strive to create successful Veterinarians who will best perform these tasks assigned to them by law.
The duration of education in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is 5 years and a single program is applied. In our faculty, starting from the 2003-2004 academic year, there is a compulsory English preparatory class for one year. Since the 2010-2011 academic year, at least 30% English education has been introduced.
In our faculty, in the 2014-2015 Academic Year, the ECTS credit education system has been started since the 1st grade. Within the scope of the education reform of our university, students were given the chance to choose more courses with the credit education system in our faculty, and it was aimed to prepare them for the post-student life by including social and cultural courses as well as vocational education. Veterinary Medicine Special Education and Training in Semester X has been increased in the credit system and developed by giving our students the chance to choose more courses in Semester IX. Thus, students will be able to have more knowledge in a certain field. Today, with constantly developing knowledge and technology, it is aimed to train Veterinarians who know everything, but who have more knowledge in certain subjects as accepted by the World Veterinary Education Institutions. Students who take almost all of the compulsory courses that the graduated Veterinarian should know at least in 4 years, in the fall semester of the 5th grade (IX semester);
• Farm Animal Medicine and Breeding
• Small Animal Medicine
• Poultry Medicine and Breeding
• They are divided into Food Hygiene and Technology groups.
Students take theoretical and practical courses mainly from these groups. In the X semester, they complete their education, which is all practice, in the same groups. Students prepare a graduation paper in semester X and present a seminar.
Our faculty underwent the 1st evaluation process for accreditation in November 2004 by the European Association of Veterinary Education Institutions (EAEVE), of which it is a full member in 1992, and was conditionally accredited as a result of the 2nd evaluation process in April 2008. The final evaluation was made by the EAEVE committee in April 2010 and it has been fully accredited for 10 years from June 2010. In February 2020, deficiencies were identified in 3 headings in the re-evaluation of the EAEVE delegation. In October 2022, these 3 titles will come to visit our Faculty to be re-evaluated. In addition, our faculty was evaluated by the Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Veterinary Medicine Educational Institutions and Programs (VEDEK) in May 2015 within the scope of National Accreditation studies and received the title of 'Accredited Faculty' for 7 years as of September 2015.
Taking into consideration the opinions of EAEVE, courses such as coordination between courses, increase in application hours, summer Clinical Practice, Professional Practice and Supervised Work have been included in our curriculum since the 2005-2006 academic year. Since the 2005-2006 academic year, the list of "applications that every student must do before graduation" has been established and I-X. It was distributed to semesters and started to be applied.
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine has a five-year training period, and its graduates are awarded the diploma "Veterinary Surgeon" at the master's level. After graduation, Veterinarians can directly pursue a doctorate degree in the Institutes of Health Sciences of the universities or apply for a master's degree in a specific branch.
I. Student Complex and Dean's Building: In this building with a closed area of 5451 m2;
- Five classrooms for 132 people, two for 64 people and one for 42 people
- A conference room for 250 people
- Five student practice laboratories with a capacity of 50 people
- With 106 m2 computer unit
- There is a 142 m2 Faculty Library
II. A Block:
In this building with a closed area of 5000 m2;
- One meeting room
- Two seminar rooms for 35 people and one for 25 people
- Two classrooms for 25 people
- In the building, there are 12 departmental laboratories of faculty members and staff.
III. Anatomy Dissection Hall:
It has a closed area of 450 m2.
IV. Clinical Sciences Education Building and Animal Health Research and Application Center Hospital (Animal Hospital);
- On the ground floor of the building, our animal hospital serves on an area of 4800 m2.
In the Animal Hospital;
- Small Animal Clinic
- Horse Clinic
- Farm Animals Clinic
- Hospility Unit
- Autopsy Hall
- There is one 120-, one 85-, one 35-person Classroom and Laboratory.
- On the 1st and 2nd floors of the building, there are rooms and meeting rooms of the faculty members and staff of the Laboratories of the Department of Six Departments in a total area of 2700 m2.
V. Animal Health and Animal Production Research and Application Center;
- It has 7400 m2 closed and 12.000 m2 open area. There are also 500 decares of arable land.
Job Opportunities After Graduation
In addition to protecting animal health and treating diseases, the profession of Veterinary Medicine has a wide range of services such as the production and health controls of animal products offered to human consumption with the philosophy of healthy products from farm to table. In addition, Agriculture and especially Livestock issues have a great place in the European Union Legislation. For this reason, issues such as Farm to Fork Food Safety, Public Health, Control of Epidemic Diseases, Animal Welfare are of great importance and Veterinarians have great duties and responsibilities in these areas.
1 - As a manager and responsible veterinarian in the Ministry of Agriculture and Municipalities in order to protect the animal existence of the country, to prevent animal diseases, to improve animal extinction, to produce biological substances such as vaccines and serums, and to conduct research on these issues,
2nd- As an instructor in Faculties and Schools that train Veterinary Physicians and Assistant Personnel,
3rd- In the following working areas of the private sector, they serve as responsible managers, inspection veterinarians, responsible veterinarians, responsible technical managers.
Working Areas of Veterinarians in the Private Sector
* Food Production PlacesRed Meat and Poultry Meat and Products Production Facilities (Combined, Slaughterhouse, Production Facility, Cold Storage Storages)
* Private Food Laboratories
* Aquaculture Wholesale and Retail Outlets
* Ready Ground Beef Sales Places
* Raw Leather Collection Facilities
* Feed Mills
* Embryo and Semen Production Centers
* Private Haras
* Home and Ornamental Animals Sales, Shelters and Training Places
* Poultry Hatchery and Breeding Enterprises
* Animal Markets
* Companies Importing Veterinary Biological Products
* Private Animal Hospitals
* Veterinary Polyclinics
* Freelance Veterinary Medicine
* Private Veterinary Laboratories
* Veterinary Pharmaceutical Manufacturing / Importing Companies
* Breeders' Associations for Breeding Purposes
* Organic Agriculture Control and / or Certification Bodies
* Veterinary and Human Drug / Vaccine Companies
* Pest Fighting Establishments / Companies
* Markets- Shopping Malls
* Livestock and Aquaculture Production Enterprises
* Companies Selling Breeding Animals
* Bee Breeding Centers
* Companies Manufacturing and Marketing Livestock and Veterinary Medicine Tools/Supplies
OUR FACULTY INTRODUCTION VIDEO