- Horticulture Department being the first founded department in Agricultural Faculty at Uludag University in 1981 after that education started in fruit, vegetable, viticulture, floriculture, greenhouse production, postharvest and marketing areas.
- In addition to undergraduate education in the department, "Master" and "Ph.D." programs are also available in the Department.
- Currently, there are 6 Professors, 4 Associate Professors and 2 Research Assistants in the Horticulture Department.
- The department has laboratories (Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Cytology, Plant Physiology, Tissue Culture, Post-harvest physiology), fruit and vineyard plantations, greenhouses and plastic greenhouse growing area, cold storage unit as research and implementation of infrastructure facilities with the packing house.
- Mission of Horticulture Department is to do teaching, training, and advanced research involving growing, genetics, breeding, and biotechnology of vegetables, fruits, viticulture, and ornamentals, seed science and technology, and plant and post harvest physiology and to train qualified individuals with enough practical knowledge who can produce contemporary solution to the problems in their field, acquire leadership, and serve best at international norms.
- Horticulture Department equipped with teaching, training and research ability at contemporary norms aims to serve best using advanced technology, to train individuals who can acquire leadership at the national and international platforms, and to lead growers and industry.
- Give quality teaching and training to graduate agriculture engineers who are experts in their field for the private and public sectors.
- Graduate conscious and dynamic individuals who understand the importance of the profession of Agricultural Engineering.
- Prepare students for their postgraduate professional life by providing students with a dynamic training opportunity in the Department, private sector or abroad during their undergraduate study.
- Broaden student vision by providing abroad short-term education and training opportunity to the students.
- Determine current problems in horticulture and plan, carry-out, and conclude quality research to solve these problems.
- Using resources in a rational way and lead to start research with respect to the environment.
- Contribute to the science by publishing research results in respected national and international journals.
- Stimulate efficient and facultative growing of horticultural crops in our region by transferring scientific development to the private sector.
Add Date : [07-Eki-2019 20:35]
Last Update Date : [12-Mar-2021 12:49]
Counter : [3.576]