Doktora Tezi :
Studies on the underlying physiology and treatment of anovulatory condition in dairy cattle , 2003.
1) A. Gümen, R. Sartori, F. Costa, and M.C. Wiltbank. "A GnRH/LH Surge Without Subsequent Progesterone Exposure Can Induce Development of Follicular Cysts," Journal of Dairy Science, 85, 43-50 (2002).
2) M.C. Wiltbank, A. Gümen, and R. Sartori. "Physiological Classification of Anovulatory Conditions in Cattle," Theriogenology, 57, 21-53 (2002).
3) A. Gümen, and M.C. Wiltbank. "An Alteration in the Hypothalamic Action of Estradiol Due to Lack of Progesterone Exposure Can Cause Follicular Cysts in Cattle," Biology of Reproduction, 66, 1689-1695 (2002).
4) J.M. Haughian, R Sartori, J.N. Guenther, A. Gümen, and M.C. Wiltbank. "Extending the Postpartum Anovulatory Period in Dairy Cattle with Estradiol Cypionate," Journal of Dairy Science, 85, 3238-3249 (2002).
5) A. Gümen and B. Seguin. "Ovulation rate after GnRH or PGF2 alpha in early postpartum dairy cows," Theriogenology, 60, 341-348 (2003).
6) A. Gümen, J. N. Guenther, and M. C. Wiltbank. "Follicular size and response to Ovsynch versus detection of estrus in anovular and ovular lactating dairy cows," Journal of Dairy Science, 86, 3184-3194 (2003).
7) Milo C. Wiltbank, Hernando Lopez, and Ahmet Gümen. Getting anovular cows pregnant. Proceedings 2004 Florida Dairy Reproduction Road Show 69-74. (2004).
8) A. Gümen and M. C. Wiltbank. "Follicular cysts occur after a normal estradiol-induced GnRH/LH surge if the corpus hemorrhagicum is removed," Reproduction, 129, 737-745 (2005).
9) A Gümen, R. R. Rastani, R. R. Grummer, and M. C. Wiltbank. Reduced Dry Periods and "Varying Prepartum Diets Alter Postpartum Ovulation and Reproductive Measures," Journal of Dairy Science, 88, 2401-2411 (2005).
10) A. Gümen and M. C. Wiltbank. "Length of progesterone exposure needed to resolve anovulation in dairy cows," Theriogenology, 63, 202-218 (2005).
11) R. R. Rastani, R. R. Grummer, S. J. Bertics, A. Gümen, M. C. Wiltbank, D. G. Mashek, and M. C. Rich. "Reducing dry period length to simplify feeding transition cows: Milk production, energy balance, and metabolic profiles," Journal of Dairy Science, 88, 1004-1014 (2005).
12) M. C. Wiltbank, H. Lopez, R. Sartori, S. Sangsritavong, and A. Gümen. "Changes in reproductive physiology of lactating dairy cows due to elevated steroid metabolism," Theriogenology, 65, 17-29 (2006).
13) R. Sartori, A. Gümen, J.N. Guenther, A.H. Souza, D.Z. Caraviello and M.C. Wiltbank. Comparison of artificial insemination versus embryo transfer in lactating dairy cows. Theriogenology, 65, 1311-1321 (2006).
14) M. C. Wiltbank, H. Lopez, R. Sartori, and A. Gümen. Positive and negative effects of high energy consumption on reproduction in lactating dairy cows. Tri-State Dairy Nutrition Conference 15-31 (2006).
15) A. H. Souza, A. Gumen, E. P. B. Silva, A. P. Cunha, J. N. Guenther, C. M. Peto, D. Z. Caraviello, and M. C. Wiltbank. Supplementation with Estradiol-17ß Before the Last Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone Injection of the Ovsynch Protocol in Lactating Dairy Cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 90, 4623-4634 (2007).
16) A. Gumen. Effect of reducing dry period length and varying prepartum diet on first postpartum ovulation and other reproductive measures. 18. International Congress of the Hungarian Association for Buiatrics 92-93 (2007).
17) A. Gumen. Follicular development, ovulation mechanism and anovular condition in dairy cattle. 8th Obihiro Workshop on Animal and Food Hygiene. Health and reproduction of dairy cattle. (2007).
18) M.C. Wiltbank, A. Gumen, H. Lopez, R. Sartori. Management and treatment of dairy cows that are not cycling or have follicular cysts. Cattle Practice 16: 14-19 (2008).
19) A. H. Souza, A.P. Cunha, E.P.B. Silva, A. Gumen, H. Ayres, J.N. Guenther, M.C. Wiltbank. Comparison of gonadorelin products in lactating dairy cows: Efficacy based on induction of ovulation of an accessory follicle and circulating luteinizing hormone profiles. Theriogenology 72, 2, 271-279 (2009).